Getting there & opening hours
FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
rue des Petits Carmes 15 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone number: +32 (0)2 501 81 11
- Train: railway station Bruxelles Central - Brussel Centraal
- Tram: 92 and 94 (Place Royale - Koningsplein)
- Metro: lines 2 and 6 (Porte de Namur - Naamsepoort)
- Bus: lines 27, 38, 71 or 95 (Koningsplein); lines 34, 54, 71 or 80 (Porte de Namur - Naamsepoort)
Follow the signs to central Brussels and take the Petite Ceinture/Kleine Ring, exit Porte de Namur/Naamsepoort.
FPS Foreign Affairs is open to the public every weekday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m..
You will need to make an appointment if you wish to visit at other times.
Opening hours of specific services
Some services are only open to the public at specific times (i.e. not all day):
For the legalisation of documents, you can turn to our office window of the legalisation department situated in the rue des petits carmes 27, 1000 Brussels; open every weekday from 9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 1.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
The window of our department Special Passports is situated in the rue des Petits Carmes 15, 1000 Brussels; opening hours: every weekday from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m, except on Wednesdays, when the window closes at 3 p.m.
Dispatching Office: 23 rue des Petits Carmes
- Delivery of parcels and letters for departments at the Central Office: every weekday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Delivery of goods by suppliers: every weekday from 8 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
- Delivery of parcels and letters for the diplomatic pouch: Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., other weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
As from 1 February 2007, the medical centre is longer be open to the public for yellow fever and meningitis vaccinations. It however continues to give general medical travel advice on +32.2.501.35.24 and +32.2.501.35.25. Click here for a list of medical centres where vaccinations are administered.
Other services: 15 rue des Petits Carmes
- Libraries and Archives: every weekday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Services available to the public by appointment only
- Press Office (accreditation of foreign journalists)
- Protocol Office
- Interministerial Committee for the Reception of International Organisations: tel. 02.541.65.61
- Office for Information, Prevention and Assistance (aid to victims or individuals who enjoy special status, such as diplomats and international civil servants).
- Reception desk at 15 rue des Petits Carmes: every weekday from 7.30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Reception desk at 8 Petit Sablon (Protocol): every weekday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.