Contact form



Contact form: please read this before submitting the form


Coronavirus (COVID-19)

You can find important information about travel during the Covid-19 pandemic on the homepage of this website.


Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for your question about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Although the media regularly state that “Foreign Affairs has put one country or another on the red list”' this should be placed in the right context. The Foreign Affairs website publishes the change in colour code for countries, so that this information is easily accessible to our compatriots. However, the decision to assign the colour code red (or orange or green) to a particular country falls within the competence of the experts who are guiding our country through this epidemic.

This is why the FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation does not have all the answers to questions about these colour codes. Depending on the type of question, we will refer you on to the competent authorities that can best help you:

  1. Where are you able or allowed to travel?

On our website's homepage, you will find a map of the world showing every region or country coloured in. There, you will quickly find the right colour for the country you wish to travel to. You can also find general travel advice on the Foreign Affairs website. It is important for every traveller to consult this advice regularly:

  1. What must you do before you return/travel to Belgium?

Since 1 August 2020, everyone returning to Belgium from abroad or travelling to Belgium and staying for more than 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form) within 48 hours prior to arrival on Belgian territory. This obligation applies to everyone (whether or not they are Belgian), regardless of the reason for the journey and regardless of the status (green/orange/red) of the country of origin. If a person is subject to a mandatory test or quarantine, this person will be contacted directly by the Belgian health authorities. Questions about the PLF form can be sent to

  1. Do you have a question relating to the refund or cancellation of a trip?

The FPS Economy's website provides an overview of travellers' rights in the context of the pandemic. Additionally, the Travel Disputes Commission offers advice, arbitration and mediation (with tour operators, but not with airline companies).

  1. Do you have any specific questions about the epidemiological criteria, quarantine and measures in Belgium? 

If so, please call +32 (0)800 14 689 or send an e-mail to

  1. General information about government measures?

Questions about travel (essential journeys, for example) and quarantine can be found on the website (at the bottom of the page).

  1. Questions about travelling to Belgium from abroad?

These questions should be addressed to

  1. Questions about travelling abroad from Belgium?

These should be addressed to

The FPS Foreign Affairs will only respond to questions relating to our area of competence.

Kind regards,
The FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation


The call centre of the Foreign Affairs crisis centre can be reached at +32 (0)2 501 4000 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Belgian time). We emphasize that this number is strictly reserved for emergency situations abroad. The call center is closed during weekends and on holidays and bridge days.

For any question on measures taken against the coronavirus in Belgium, connect to or call 0800/14689.


Federal Public Service (FPS) Foreign Affairs, External Trade and Development Cooperation receives a great many e-mails, all of which are read with care. By using the form below, you can help us answer your queries as efficiently as possible. 

Remember: you can find a lot of information on the topics below here on this website, perhaps even the exact answer to your question. For example:

So please start by taking a close look at all the information related to your question available here on the site.

Any questions that do not fall under the purview of FPS Foreign Affairs will be forwarded to the relevant department wherever possible.


  • Do you live abroad and have a question about services and documents for Belgians abroad? Then please first consult the website of the local Belgian embassy or consulate. This website will provide answers taking into account how things work in the particular country where you are living. If you still have a question, then please contact the embassy or consulate directly. Website and contact details for the embassies and consulates are displayed on this page.
  • Please complete only one question per form. If you have a number of questions then please complete a new form for each. We appreciate that this may be rather cumbersome, however, it allows us to send each individual question quickly and easily to the appropriate department.

If you are not looking for information, but if you just wish to file a complaint about our services, please click here on the “complaint form”. This form will provide us with all the relevant information to handle your complaint quickly and properly.

Keep up-to-date and subscribe to our newsletters.