Address and opening hours
FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat 15 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone number: +32 (0)2 501 81 11
- Train: railway station Bruxelles Central - Brussel Centraal
- Tram: 92 and 94 (Place Royale - Koningsplein)
- Metro: lines 2 and 6 (Porte de Namur - Naamsepoort)
- Bus: lines 27, 38, 71 or 95 (Place Royale - Koningsplein); lines 34, 54, 71 or 80 (Porte de Namur - Naamsepoort)
Follow the signs to central Brussels and take the Petite Ceinture/Kleine Ring, exit Porte de Namur/Naamsepoort.
FPS Foreign Affairs is open to the public every weekday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will need to make an appointment if you wish to visit at other times.
Please note that some services (such as legalisation, passports, Protocol etc.) have different opening hours. See below.
Opening hours of specific services
Some services are only open to the public at specific times (i.e. not all day):
For the legalisation of documents, you can turn to our office window of the legalisation department situated in the Rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat 27, 1000 Brussels. Opening hours: from 9 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. (by appointment only). Make an appointment here.
The window of our department Special Passports is situated in the Rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat 15, 1000 Brussels; opening hours: only by appointment.
Opening times of the reception desk at the Protocol Directorate
The counter of the Protocol Directorate - Kleine Zavel/Petit Sablon 8, 1000 Brussels - is open twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays (from 9 am to noon). It is only possible to collect identity cards at the reception desk during opening hours. Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
Dispatching Office: 23 rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat
- Delivery of parcels and letters for departments at the Central Office: every weekday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Delivery of goods by suppliers: every weekday from 8 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
- Delivery of parcels and letters for the diplomatic pouch: Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., other weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
As from 1 February 2007, the medical centre is longer be open to the public for yellow fever and meningitis vaccinations. It however continues to give general medical travel advice on +32.2.501.35.24 and +32.2.501.35.25.
Other services: 15 rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat
- Archives: The reading room is closed until further notice.
Services available to the public by appointment only
- Press Office (accreditation of foreign journalists)
- Protocol Office
- Interministerial Committee for the Reception of International Organisations: tel. 02.541.65.61
- Office for Information, Prevention and Assistance (aid to victims or individuals who enjoy special status, such as diplomats and international civil servants).
- Reception desk at 15 Rue des Petits Carmes / Karmelietenstraat: every weekday from 7.30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Reception desk at 8 Petit Sablon / Kleine Zavel (Protocol): Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning from 9:00 to 12:00.