Notary expertise

Notarial deeds in a consular post

On this page you will find all the information about notarial acts in a consular post.
  1. Last updated on

Belgians residing abroad can turn to the competent local authority to deal with procedures concerning property and family law.

Belgians having their habitual residence in a country outside the European Union can also contact the Belgian consular representative competent for the consular jurisdiction.


This FPS disposes of a centralized system for the reception of draft notarial deeds.

The system allows the Notaries public to send their draft deeds as well as their practical questions to one single e-mail address and guarantees a central management and a better readability of the procedures:

This implies a considerable gain in time for all the parties concerned.