Q&A: What will be the impact of Brexit for me?
Below you will find the most common questions for which the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs is the competent authority. This information will be updated as the situation evolves.
For any other query (i.e. pensions, social security,…) please consult belgium.be.
What will be the impact of Brexit if…
- I have legally been residing in the U.K. for more than five years without interruption?
- I have legally been residing in the U.K. for less than five years?
- I wish to move to the U.K. in order to live there?
- I wish to go to the U.K. for a short stay, without the intention of establishment?
- If I want members of my family to accompany me? Can they join me once I am there?
- If I go to the U.K. for a short stay, can I still benefit from local health services with a European Health Insurance card?
- I wish to study in the U.K.? (more precise on question 3)