Q&A: What will be the impact of Brexit for me?
Below you will find the most common questions that the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs can respond to. We pay attention to keep this information up to date as the situation evolves.
For any other query (i.e. pensions, social security,…) please consult belgium.be.
What will be the impact of Brexit if…
- I have legally been residing in the U.K. for more than five years without interruption?
- I have legally been residing in the U.K. for less than five years?
- I wish to move to the U.K. in order to live there?
- I wish to go to the U.K. for a short stay, without the intention of establishment?
- Generally, can I be accompanied by members of my family? Can they join me once I am there?
- If I go to the U.K. for a short stay, may I still benefit from local health services with a European Health Insurance card?
- I wish to study in the U.K.? (more precise on question 3)