Last updated on
Over the last year, citizens in Belgium and across the European Union came together to reflect and debate in the framework of the Conference on the Future of Europe. The process produced 49 proposals including 300 concrete measures. Minister of Foreign Affairs Hadja Lahbib and EU Commission Vice-President for Democracy Dubravka Šuica now invite you to discuss together how these proposals are being implemented and how Belgian citizens are helping to shape the future of Europe today. The debate will be followed by a cocktail reception in the Egmont Palace.
With whom can you engage in a debate?
- Minister of Foreign Affairs Hadja Lahbib
- Colin Scicluna, Head of Cabinet of EC Vice-President for Democracy and Demography Dubravka Šuica
- Dorien Nijs, Representative of the Belgian Citizens' Panels in the European Parliament
- Jannis Emmanouilidis, Director of Studies, European Policy Centre
- Emilie van Haute, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Political Science, Université Libre de Bruxelles
Moderator: Pol De Witte, Director-General of the Egmont Institute
Monday, 21 November 2022
- Opening doors at 17h00
- Start event at 17h30
- Reception from 19h00 to 20h30
Location: Egmont Palace, Kleine Zavel 8, 1000 Brussels
It is no longer possible to register for this event.
This event is organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the Egmont Institute.
- Event start date and time Monday, November 21, 2022 - 17:00
- Event end date and time Monday, November 21, 2022 - 20:30
- Event timezone Europe/Brussels
- Event location Onsite
Kleine Zavel 8
- Event URL
- Event type