Vision - Mission - Values
- To work with its partners to construct a just, fair and sustainable world in which each person can live in peace, safety and freedom and protected from poverty.
- To remain a leading stakeholder by subscribing to the international agenda for development cooperation. To be an effective stakeholder focused on results-based action.
- To appropriately and proactively manage human potential in order to improve staff fulfilment and commitment.
- The DGD helps to improve living conditions for the populations of developing countries, their socio-economic and cultural development and fair and sustainable economic growth that respects human dignity, the rule of law, fundamental freedoms, gender equality and human rights.
- The DGD drafts development policies at federal level, allocates Belgian Official Development Assistance (ODA) to the national and international stakeholders which make use of this assistance and monitors and evaluates its policies.
- The DGD plays an active role in debating ideas around innovative development concepts and applies them in its policy.
- The DGD supports the development and poverty reduction work carried out by the stakeholders in developing countries in synergy with the other Belgian and international donors and partners.
- The DGD also contributes to aid for populations living in crisis situations in accordance with the principles of humanitarian assistance.
- The DGD ensures that it has the support and solidarity of both the public and the political authorities in achieving its mission/actions.
- Commitment and personal development
- Team spirit