The partner organisations of the Belgian multilateral cooperation
This list refers to voluntary contributions to multilateral organisations, Belgian Development Cooperation also contributes to the ordinary resources of a certain number of organisations and funds (= obligatory contributions).
The 20 multilateral partner organisations receive multiannual structural contributions. In general, policy discussions are held with these partners on an annual basis.
Under certain conditions, organisations that are not on this list can also receive financing from Belgium. In most cases, these are ad-hoc contributions from specific budget lines (such as peacebuilding or humanitarian aid).
United Nations Agencies
- Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN-Women)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Global Fund to fight Aids, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (GFATM)
- Global Partnership for Education
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Aid (OCHA)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)