Funding of NGOs
Co-financing of non-governmental organisations
Five possibilities for the co-financing of non-governmental organisations by the Belgian government:
1. Co-financing of programmes (75% or 85%) exclusively meant for recognized and registered Belgian organisations.
- Belgian non-profit making organisations willing to be accredited as development NGOs, can be provided with information through DGD.
- The financing of NGOs from developing countries through this credit line is only possible in the framework of a partnership with a recognized Belgian NGO, present in the country. See list of recognized Belgian NGOs.
2. Emergency Aid - Rehabilitation - Food Aid
This aid is attributed and supplied exclusively to recognized Belgian NGOs, international organisations and the Red Cross, in the framework of natural and humanitarian disasters:
- Emergency aid; rehabilitation: in crisis situations, demands from recognized Belgian NGOs, international organisations and the Red Cross are receivable at DGD. Calls from international organisations are being handled by OCHA.
- Food aid is only accessible through the international organisations of FAO, WFP and the OXFAM NGO.
3. Conflict prevention and consolidation of Peace and Human Rights
The Belgian government finances projects and programmes in potential conflict-areas and post-conflict areas. Requests have to be introduced at Belgian embassies, or the administration in Brussels . For more information, follow the link
4. Consolidation of society
This credit line allows for direct financing of NGOs from developing countries, however it is limited to the partner countries of the official Belgian cooperation. Request should be introduced exclusively through the local Belgian embassies (attaché for Development Cooperation).