Untied State to State loan procedure
Contrary to tied State-to-State loans, for untied State-to-State loans it is the aid-receiving country which itself has to apply for a State-to-State loan. The questionnaire to be used for submitting the application for this purpose is different from that used for tied State-to-State loans. A Belgian undertaking which has identified a project in a less developed country can of course help an applicant in completing the questionnaire and indicating the technical specifications relating to the project. However, as a public request for tenders has to be issued for the project, it is not certain that the Belgian undertaking in question will be the successful bidder. The tender procedure will be monitored by Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC).
- The applicant country submits the dossier to Finexpo via the embassy.
- The Finexpo Committee delivers its opinion.
- If the opinion is favourable, the dossier is submitted to the Council of Ministers.
- If the Council of Ministers’ opinion is favourable, the State-to-State loan agreement and power of attorney for signing are drawn up.
- The State-to-State loan agreement is signed by the authorities of the recipient country and the competent Belgian ambassador.
- The public request for tenders is issued/Tender procedure monitored by BTC.
- The recipient country, in consultation with BTC, selects an undertaking to carry out the project.
- The National Bank of Belgium opens the loan account (for payment to the company); the National Bank of Belgium asks the recipient country to send in the appropriate documents (payment order and specimen signatures).
- The recipient country sends the payment order and specimen signatures of the authorised persons.
- The project is implemented, the invoices are sent by the company to Finexpo and the invoices are paid by the National Bank of Belgium after Finexpo has given its approval
We are currently working on the renewal of our website. In order to get a better idea of who is consulting our website and what information he or she is looking for, we would like to ask you to complete this short survey. This will only take a few minutes of your time. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
You can find the survey here: https://qlite.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VdkGChG6BNcVXD
If necessary, you can change the language of the survey in the top right corner.