Still valid on
Last updated on
1. VIP Lounges (Brussels National, ExecuJet, Aviapartner Executive, Melsbroek and Brussels South Station)
Distinguished figures performing official duties can use these facilities under certain conditions. These vary depending on the nature of the visit and the arrival location.
- For State or official visits, the reception is organised by the Belgian authorities. Access to the VIP lounge is generally governed by the Protocol of the FPS Foreign Affairs.
- For working visits, the reception is organised by the Protocol staff at the airports and the Embassy which has to make the reservation. Access to the various VIP lounges is subject to the following conditions:
- arrival by commercial flight at Brussels National Airport (Zaventem): VIP lounge requests must be directed to the airport using the ad hoc form. A certain number of entitled persons can enjoy free access to the lounge for themselves and 3 people accompanying them. In all other scenarios, a fee is payable for access.
- arrival by private/government aircraft: VIP lounge requests must be directed to Abelag/ExecuJet or Aviapartner Executive using the ad hoc forms.
- arrival at Melsbroek Military Airport (BRUMIL): VIP lounge requests must be directed to the airport using the ad hoc form.
- arrival at Brussels South Station: the VIP lounge request must be sent at least 48h in advance to the Protocol of Foreign Affairs via a note verbale (email@example.com) and the Protocol service at the railway station which must also receive the ad hoc reservation form.
For more information please refer to the circular note which provides links to the various documents and forms.
2. Access badges for Brussels National Airport (Zaventem)
Staff members of a diplomatic mission who regularly receive VIPs or collect the diplomatic bag, must have a permanent access badge. These badges, issued to named persons and valid for 5 years, will be requested from the Protocol (ABP@diplobel.fed.be). The badges will only be issued after the successful completion of a security test organised by the airport and payment of a deposit.
The country holding the Presidency of the Council of the European Union receives additional badges, valid only for the duration of the Presidency (6 months).
In some cases, temporary badges can be requested for access to the VIP lounges at Brussels National Airport, provided that the total number of staff welcoming the VIP does not exceed 6. Such requests for temporary badges must be sent directly to the airport which will process them together with the request for access to the VIP lounges.
For more information, please refer to the circular note which provides links to the various documents and forms.
3. Diplomatic car park at Brussels National Airport
Access cards for the diplomatic car park are issued to diplomatic missions by the Protocol of Foreign Affairs under certain conditions. A note verbale, accompanied by the ad hoc form must be sent to the Protocol (ABP@diplobel.fed.be). A deposit will also be requested when the car park access card is issued. Use of the car park is strictly limited to professional use (and is only limited to the DC-parking) and will be free of charge for a 4-hour period.