Belgians in distress
Despite all your precautions, you get into a distress situation abroad.
Seeking help from people or available organisations should be your first reflex:
- Your family, friends, employer
- Your tour operator or transport company
- Your travel insurance (sometimes proposed by your credit card company)
- Your mutuality
- Your bank
- Local emergency services (police, hospitals)
If your situation is serious and you cannot find assistance on your own, contact our Belgian representations abroad for consular assistance.
Beware: you cannot benefit from consular assistance if:
- You are travelling to a region for which the FPS Foreign Affairs travel advises against all travel (see travel advice);
- You are going to an area of armed conflict;
- You have not responded to the FPS Foreign Affairs'call to leave the region where you are staying;
- You take extraordinary risks, without any suitable insurance;
- You hold another nationality and you are in the country of that other nationality.
We are currently working on the renewal of our website. In order to get a better idea of who is consulting our website and what information he or she is looking for, we would like to ask you to complete this short survey. This will only take a few minutes of your time. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
You can find the survey here: https://qlite.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VdkGChG6BNcVXD
If necessary, you can change the language of the survey in the top right corner.