The Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation undertakes to make this site accessible in accordance with the following legislation: Law of 19 July 2018 on the accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public organisations.
This accessibility statement applies to the website https://diplomatie.belgium.be
This website does not yet fully comply with European standard EN 301549 version 3.2.1 (2021), which includes criteria from categories A and AA from the WCAG 2.1 standard.
As a result, this site is considered partially compliant with the Act of 19 July 2018 on accessibility of public authorities' websites and mobile applications
An external accessibility audit has been carried out.
Some accessibility issues have been identified regarding layout, navigation, colour contrasts, documents and page layout, for example:
- Logo is not defined as decorative image (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Images in card are not defined as decorative image (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some images contain no or incorrect alt text (WCAG 1.1.1)
- No transcript is available for podcasts (WCAG 1.2.1)
- In some videos, each language is not subtitled separately (WCAG 1.2.2)
- For some videos no audio description is provided (WCAG 1.2.5)
- No column headings are defined for some tables (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Autocomplete is not optimised (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Expandable blocks are not optimised (WCAG 1.3.1)
- For SVGs, ARIA is not correctly applied (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Some PDFs are not accessible (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Form fields that ask for user data do not have autocomplete attributes (WCAG 1.3.5)
- Links are not always underlined (WCAG 1.4.1)
- Copyright notice of photos does not provide sufficient contrast (WCAG 1.4.3)
- Skiplink does not work (WCAG 2.4.1)
- PDF files do not always have a title (WCAG 2.4.2)
- Menu has no visible keyboard focus (WCAG 2.4.6)
- Search field in header has no label (WCAG 3.3.2)
A complete overview and more details can be found in the report indicated above.
Currently, there is not always an available alternative for non-accessible elements.
If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of our website, you can contact us via this form
Are you not satisfied with the answer you got? Then please contact the federal Ombudsman:
Rue de Louvain 48 box 6
The detected issues that need to be fixed by the site supplier have been reported and will be resolved in the course of 2023. The detected problems resulting from errors in content management will be systematically solved by the editorial team. The known problems will be taken into account when adding new content.
This declaration was drawn up on 24/07/2023.