Last updated on
Seeking help from people or available organisations should be your first reflex:
- Your family, friends, employer
- Your tour operator or transport company
- Your travel insurance (sometimes proposed by your credit card company)
- Your mutuality
- Your bank
- Local emergency services (police, hospitals)
If your situation is serious and you cannot find assistance on your own, contact our Belgian representations abroad for consular assistance.
Beware: you cannot benefit from consular assistance if:
- You are travelling to an area for which the FPS Foreign Affairs gives negative travel advice: see travel advice section
- You are going to an area of armed conflict.
- You have not responded to the FPS Foreign Affairs' call to leave the region where you are staying.
- You take extraordinary risks, without any suitable insurance.