Last updated on
The Department P1 ensures the correct application of the provisions of the Vienna Convention of 18 April 1961 on Diplomatic Relations, the Vienna Convention of 24 April 1963 on Consular Relations and of the 'Headquarters Agreements' between Belgium and the international organisations established in Belgium.
P1 consists of three services (P1.1, P1.2 and P1.3):
- Diplomatic and consular missions (P1.1)
- International organisations (P1.2)
- Disputes, the security of diplomatic missions, private servants, officials on a mission and seconded national experts and honorary consuls (P1.3)
- Immunities and privileges/accreditation of staff of diplomatic and consular missions and international organisations: Protocol.email@example.com
- Security of diplomatic buildings/weapons permits: IPS@diplobel.fed.be